A group of dedicated neighbors has begun an effort to make our neighborhood park “A Better Cleveland Park”.
Please take a moment to fill out a brief survey about Cleveland Park to help us make it “A Better Cleveland Park”. The survey is located here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZV9FZCL
(Note: A paper copy of this survey was distributed at the 2013 National Night Out, and the link to the electronic survey was subsequently posted on the civic association’s Facebook group.)
Letters of Support
We are currently gathering letters of support for our efforts.
Please be a good neighbor when visiting our park by following the City of Houston Parks and Recreation Department Rules: (as found on the city’s website here)
- Park hours are from dawn to dusk
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverage consumption is prohibited (unless otherwise indicated)
- Littering is prohibited. Use trash receptacles
- Scooters and skateboards prohibited
- Motorized vehicles prohibited off roadways and beyond parking areas
- Improperly parked vehicles will be towed
- Two hour parking for patrons only
- Vending or sales prohibited without permit
- Hunting or use of firearms prohibited
- Dogs are to remain on leash at all times
- Pet owners are required to pick up after pets Ordinance 2003-1275, Sec. 6-24
- Plants and animals are protected – do not remove or molest
- Control noise levels – please be respectful of others
- Destroying public property is prohibited by Title 19, Chapter 191 of the Government Code of Texas
If you would like to report an issue at the park regarding these rules or a maintenance concern, please contact the Urban Park Rangers at 832-395-7100. BARC is responsible for pet-related issues, so to report an issue regarding animals (such as dogs off leashes) call 311 and they will transfer you to BARC. You will be asked to leave a message after hours and we have been told that the messages are frequently checked.
For additional information on City of Houston parks, or on reserving the ball field, please see the Houston Parks and Recreation website.